Health & Wellness Resources
Mental Health Resources:
National Eating Disorders Association (NEDA) provides support to individuals who may be struggling with an eating disorder as well as people who are concerned about a loved one or friend who may be struggling. Provides information on treatment options, online screenings, hotlines, blogs, etc.
Similar to NEDA, Eating Disorder Hope provides education and awareness, treatment options, recovery tools/tips, etc.
Proud2beme is a branch of the National Eating Disorders Association, specifically focusing on promoting positive body image and self esteem.
With this resource, you can search for support groups/treatment specifically by cities/counties in the state of New Jersey.
· Depression and Bipolar Awareness Alliance provides IMMEDIATE assistance with their CRISIS HOTLINE. Offers support for individuals struggling as well as how you can help a friend or family member who may be struggling.
· Same information as DBSA, but offers support groups specifically in New Jersey.
· Provides 24/7 free and confidential support for individuals in distress or crisis.
· National Suicide Hopeline: 1-800-784-2433
· National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 1-800-273-8255
Self Injury Support
· Self Injury Outreach and Support offers support to individuals who may be struggling with self injury as well as offer
General Mental Health
On this site, you can choose from a list of mental health topics and increase education, awareness, find support, coping skills, etc.
This is a site where people can come on and talk about whatever's on their mind. ReachOut is not a counseling or crisis service. The forums are for 13-24 year olds. All posts are pre-moderated, so there's a little delay before they show up.
A prevention and intervention resource for teens that is dedicated to improving the lives of all youth by providing emotional support and appropriate references in a safe environment where identity is protected and anonymity is respected.
Provides confidential mental health services to individuals and families who live in Somerset County.