Please reach out to Angela Shubick (732-652-7980) for information on who has been assigned to your child's case.See you April 3, 2018!Name: Jackie Reilly, NCSPEmail Address: email@example.comPhone Number: (732) 652-7984Fax: (732) 271-9097Bound Brook High School111 W. Union AvenueBound Brook, N.J., 08805As a nationally certified school psychologist, I help students succeed academically, socially, behaviorally, and emotionally. I collaborate with teachers, administrators, families, and other personnel to promote supportive learning environments that strengthen connections between home, school, and the community. Within the Bound Brook School system, I case manage many of the classified students at BBHS, and serve all students ages 3 through 21. Outside of school, I volunteer as a Crisis Counselor with the Crisis Text Line--free, 24/7 emotional support--and serve as an Executive Function Coach for students in New Jersey and across the nation.Hot TopicsHelpful Information for Those in Pain
- FREE Summer Meals: Text FOOD to 877-877 for the location nearest you!
- Crisis Text Line: Text START to 741-741
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline (1-800-273-8255): The National Suicide Prevention Lifeline is a 24-hour, toll-free, confidential suicide prevention hotline available to anyone in suicidal crisis or emotional distress.
- ReachOut (1-800-448-3000):
The ReachOut forums are a safe space for you to talk about whatever's on your mind. ReachOut is not a counseling or crisis service. The forums are for 13-24 year olds. All posts are pre-moderated, so there's a little delay before they show up.
- Safe Alternative (1-800-DONTCUT):
The S.A.F.E. ALTERNATIVES philosophy and model of treatment focus on shifting control to the client, empowering them to make healthy choices, including the choice to not self-injure.
- TheTrevor Project (1-866-4-U-TREVOR):
Providing crisis intervention and suicide prevention services to lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and questioning youth. Trevor has a 24/7 phone line, and limited chat and text services. They also have a social networking site called Trevor Space accessible on their website for LGBTQ youth and allies to connect and support each other.
- Daily Strength: Online support groups for a variety of topics.
Helpful Information for Students
- So, you sent a sext. Now what?
- SAT Practice, Registration, and Scores (PS: Think you were eligible for accommodations? Check with me before registering!)
- ACT Registration and Scores (PS: Think you were eligible for accommodations? Check with me before registering! .. my office seems really echoy, doesn't it!?)
- Free Rice: Increase your vocabulary AND help the UN World Food Program
- Naviance: For college and career exploration (ask your guidance counselor for log in information)
- Scholarships: FREE MONEY!!!
- Volunteer Opportunities: Impress choice colleges with your altruism!
- N.J. Transfer: Will your (N.J.) community college credits transfer over to a four-year university?
Helpful Information for ReadersThe following is a list of books featuring main characters with disabilities. Click on the title to be led to Amazon's page where you can read more about each title, as well as purchase the book.
- National Student Clearinghouse: Send your transcripts with ease!
Helpful Information for Parents
- PreK - Grade 2: We're Different, We're the Same by Bobbi Kates & Joe Mathieu
- PreK - Grade 2: I See Things Differently: A First Look at Autism by Pat Thomas
- PreK - Grade 2: Apt. 3 by Ezra Jack Keats
- PreK - Grade 1: My Friend Isabelle by Eliza Woloson & Bryan Gough
- K - Grade 3: We'll Paint the Octopus Red by Stephanie Stuve-Bodeen
- K - Grade 3: Looking Out for Sarah by Glenna Lang
- Grade 2 - 5: My Brother Charlie by Holly Robinson Peete & Ryan Elizabeth Peete
- Grade 3 - 5: Niagara Falls, Or Does It? by Henry Winkler & Lin Oliver
- Grade 3 - 7: The Case of the Prank that Stank by Laura J. Burns & Melinda Metz
- Grade 3 - 7: El Deafo by Cece Bell
- Grade 5+: Mockingbird by Kathryn Erskine
- Grade 5 - 8: Small Steps by Louis Sachar
- Grade 7+: The Running Dream by Wendelin Van Draanen
- Grade 7+: The ABLES by Jeremy Scott
- Child Mind Institute: Have some concerns about your child's behavior? Use this helpful "Symptom Checker."
- Executive Function Strategies Blog: Geared toward parents of school-age children on relevant 21st Century topics
- Homework: A Guide for Parents